06 Nov Facebook image sizes 2018
Facebook Image Sizes 2018
Facebook has 1.18 billion monthly active users and is thereby the world’s largest social network. One bad image choice could mean the difference in attracting and engaging with this huge user base or being completely ignored.
One thing to remember when choosing your photos is that there is a difference between how things will display on your personal timeline and how things will display in a user’s newsfeed. Make sure that you are choosing dimensions based on where you want the majority of viewers to see your image.
Profile Picture: 180 x 180 (Displays 160 x 160 on Desktop) Facebook image sizes 2018
Now remember: with this image you will be representing your company or brand on Facebook. This is the square photo that appears on your timeline layered over your cover photo. Your profile picture will also appear when you post to other walls, comment on posts or when you’re searched with Facebook’s Open Graph (that’s a fancy term used for its search function).
Facebook recently changed its Profile image for Business Pages to appear to the left side of the screen. The new look helps Facebook Business Pages stand out among personal accounts. However, the dimensions are the same, but the photo appears on the page slightly different.
- Must be at least 180 x 180 pixels.
- Photo will appear on page as 170 x 170 pixels on desktop, 128 x 128 on smartphones, and 36 x 36 on most feature phones.
- Photo thumbnail will appear throughout Facebook at 32 x 32 pixels.
- Business Page images will be cropped to fit a square.
Cover Photo: 820 x 312 Facebook image sizes 2018
Your cover photo will only appear on your Facebook timeline, but it is a lot bigger than the profile picture, which gives you more freedom to choose something creative. Where your profile picture might be a good choice for a picture of you, or a brand logo, use this space to post something that speaks more toward you as an individual or as a brand.
- Appear on page at 820 x 312 pixels. Anything less will be stretched.
- Minimum size of 399 x 150 pixels.
- Displays at 820 x 312 pixels on desktop and 640 x 360 pixels on smartphones.
- Doesn’t display on feature phones.
- For best results, upload an sRGB JPG file less than 100 KB.
- Images with a logo or text may be best as a PNG file.
- Business Page dimensions are exactly the same as personal accounts.
Shared Image: 1,200 x 630 Facebook image sizes 2018
A shared image is one of the most common forms of sharing on Facebook. These images will always appear on your timeline, and ideally they will show up in most of your followers’ News Feeds — though with the decrease in organic reach, it’s unlikely that everyone will see your post. The more people engage with your post, the more likely it is that the rest of your followers and their followers will see that activity.
- Recommended upload size of 1,200 x 630 pixels.
- Will appear in feed at a max width of 470 pixels (will scale to a max of 1:1).
- Will appear on page at a max width of 504 pixels (will scale to a max of 1:1).
Shared Link: 1,200 x 627 Facebook image sizes 2018
Another great tool in your Facebook belt is the ability to share a link. It’s very similar to posting a shared image, but it gives you even more fields to work with. You can choose to create a shared link with a small square image to the left and text on the right, or with a larger rectangular image on top with text underneath.
- Recommended upload size of 1,200 x 627 pixels.
- Square Photo: Minimum 154 x 154px in feed.
- Square Photo: Minimum 116 x 116 on page.
- Rectangular Photo: Minimum 470 x 246 pixels in feed.
- Rectangular Photo: Minimum 484 x 252 on page.
- Facebook will scale photos under the minimum dimensions. For better results, increase image resolution at the same scale as the minimum size.
Highlighted Image: 1,200 x 717 (Recommended) Facebook image sizes 2018
Did your company turn its first profit? Hit its 10th, 20th or 100th employee? A milestone is a great time to create a highlighted image. This image is going to be housed on your personal timeline, but it is going to take up a great deal more space than a shared link or image, so it’s a good place to celebrate the victories that keep you going!
- Will appear on your page at 843 x 504 pixels.
- Choose a higher resolution at that scale for better quality.
Event Image: 1920 x 1080 (Recommended) Facebook image sizes 2018
Facebook Events help capture the attention of users and cut through the noise on Facebook. Reminders are sent to your audience and having a good space with an even better image is important. Make sure you have the right dimensions down for a Facebook Event cover photo.
- Facebook will scale down to minimum dimensions: 470 × 174.
- Shows in feed: 470 × 174.
Find more information on the image sizes for Facebook, visit the Facebook Help Center.