13 Dec Twitter image sizes 2019
Twitter image sizes 2019
This is an updated version of Twitter images sizes 2019. Twitter is a social networking service and micro blogging . On Twitter you write messages called tweets. Tweets may not exceed 280 characters, and are openly displayed on the user’s profile page. With approximately 315 million monthly active users Twitter is one of the largest social media network.
Individuals as well as many companies, websites, artists and organizations use Twitter as a way to reach their users, customers and fans. Awareness and use of twitter exploded during the presidential election in the United States in 2008. That’s when President Barack Obama’s election campaign used Twitter and other social media to reach out to the voters. Twitter is used by regime critics in totalitarian regimes, for communication with outside world. As well as a tool to reach contact as natural disasters, conflicts, and so on.
And then of course we all know the the frequency of Trump tweeting.
Twitter images sizes 2019 – Profile Picture: 400 x 400 (Displays 200 x 200 on Desktop) Twitter Image Sizes 2018
This image is what will be representing your company or brand on Twitter. As it is going to be recognized by users all over the network, you should make sure it is of the highest quality.
The image or photo will not be visible only on your page but also in “the stream” and in the “who to follow page”.
- Your Own Page: The “original size” and this biggest view of your profile picture is on your own page and can be seen by your followers as well as individuals who enters on your page.
- In The Stream: A smaller version of your profile picture will be shown in your follower’s Twitter stream every time you make a Tweet. But also in the stream of your followers’ followers every time you’re Retweeted. This is a reason for being careful when choosing your profile image. Make sure it is recognizable.
- Who to Follow: Your profile image is also visible next to a link to your page in the “Who to follow” box. This is located directly to the right of your twitter stream. For this purpose make sure you choose a recognizable image here.
- Must be at least 400 x 400 pixels.
- Maximum file size 2 MB.
- Image types include: JPG, GIF or PNG.
Twitter images sizes 2019 – Cover Photo: 1500 x 500 Twitter image sizes 2018
Your cover photo is the image that stretches on the top of your Twitter page. As it is large, make sure to save it at the highest resolution possible. Because you have more room to be creative with this picture and it will likely be the first thing your visitors see, make it something captivating.
- Recommended size 1500 x 500 pixels.
- Maximum file size 5 MB.
- File types that may be used: JPG, GIF or PNG
Twitter images sizes 2019 – In Stream Image Size: 440 x 220 (Ratio, 2:1) Twitter image sizes 2018
When tweeting you may attach photos to any of your Tweets. The images used will appear in your followers’ streams as well as the streams of their followers (if they have been Retweeted).
You should be aware of that Twitter may modify your photo into a smaller version to fit in a user’s stream. Make sure Twitter displays the part of the photo you want followers to see by setting the width of your image to fit the minimum requirements. Then in addition, horizontally center your content to avoid “inaccurate” cropping.
- Minimum to appear expanded 440 x 220 pixels (a 2:1 ratio).
- Can tweet up to 4 images at one time.
- Can edit images if tweeting from Twitter iOS or Android app.
- Maximum to appear expanded 1024 x 512 pixels.
- Appears in stream collapsed at 506 x 253 pixels on desktop.
- Maximum file size of 5 MB for photos, and 5 MB for animated GIFs on mobile and 15 MB on web.
Find more information on the image sizes for Twitter, visit the Twitter Support Center.
Some advice: Twitter image sizes 2018
It may be good to have an account for your company or organization, but remember that most people would rather interact with a human being.
A company account can be used for, e.g., PR department and customer service. Then users can ask questions and send comments. If your company or organization or some reason is in a negative spiral, then many people may tweet criticism related to your company name, brand name or username. Then you may stop the spiral showing your presence and getting a chance to share your opinion, respond critique, and so on.
You can also have a “quiet” twitter account for your business, just to make sure no one else takes the username and begins tweet in your company or brand name. Just be clear in the description that it’s a quiet account and refer to where you are active.
REMEMBER; – Twitter is a conversation – not a megaphone.
Many people and companies, launch an account and start publishing their own messages, links, ads and so on, only based on their own agenda. This rarely gives any good results.
Twitter is based on dialogue and conversation and you must realize that building your network and relationship takes time. If you want to be seen and heard on Twitter, the keyword is engage, with other users. So the conclusion is, reply to other people’s tweets, be helpful, share and retweet others when writing good stuff! That will pay off.